Monday, June 19, 2006

50/144mhz 19 June 2006

Heard JM1DTF on 50mhz cw this morning, also a partial call from another JA station via multi hop ES, most interesting, he did not hear me but you cant win em all, nice distance too 9760 km, ah well, there is always tomorrow, my first time hearing a JA on 6M

144 mhz this evening was another story, after a brief opening to HA/OM at about 1400z, EI9GQ put out a call on 144,300 and worked ES3RF, very nice, I hrd him but his signal faded before I got the chance to work him. At nearly 1600z I worked 7 OH, 1 OH0 and 2 SM stations, later on while working ES7FU on 50mhz and monitoring 144.300 I hrd an ES station on 300, missed him and worked ES7GN KO28 then missed ES5GAP
It is difficult to work new squares at this stage on 144mhz but thanks to OH6MW and OH3LOR for giving me KP20 as a new one today
What a day, who says VHF is not exciting, I have never before worked OH/OH0/ES on 2m ES and the season has a few weeks in it yet
Charles

1 comment:

Mark GØNMY said...

Hi Charles,
Just been looking at your new blog. I think it is a great idea to record Ham Radio contacts and to see what others are working in the way of DX on the VHF bands. I took a look at your logs that you uploaded to VHF-Contest.com/Sporadic all I can Say is WOW and well done!
Looks like I have a callenge on my hands HI HI.
73 Charles and keep up the good work.
De G0NMY op Mark