Monday, August 21, 2006

50mhz EME

This is new ground for me, spotted K7AD on the cluster closing down but requested he called me on 6m JT65 eme, the results were interesting
I got 9 decodes from K7AD

I found that version 4.9.8 was far better at decoding than the newer 5.9.5
It was also interesting to note that my 756pro2 was much better than the ft-847 in coping with noise on 6m, the Icom decoded long before the 847 as did version 4.9.8 before 5.9.5
My eme setup requires that I need to have a visual on the the moon and use a security camera mounted on the aerial to track, it works fine on 2m, I did not have this tonight, used KB8RQ's signal on 2m to peak on him earlier on and left it at that heading
I gave Gayland K7AD some calls without luck tonight, he was a weak speaker copy and runs a fine station on 50mhz
Thanks to W7GJ Lance for his help and this fine link http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/ for 6m eme help
73 Charles

No comments: